Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Alpharetta smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete charge of your Alpharetta home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and find suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Alpharetta?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for added reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can perform:
- Check live or recorded video streams from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Alpharetta by programming schedules or creating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The main screen will show a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Alpharetta
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose phone or email and enter the info to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Alpharetta home security system. Dial (678) 379-1627 to get started.