Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Alpharetta
If you just bought your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and yours. You’re probably considering how you can customize your residence with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make sure you examine home security as well. Keeping those you care about safeguarded should always be a top priority, and we’ll show you how with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Alpharetta.
Complete a safety review of your new Alpharetta property
Now that safety is top of mind, find out what your new home has in place. First, make certain you have operational smoke alarms. Test every one and change batteries if necessary. Are there carbon monoxide detectors? Is there a water sensor in the cellar? This is also an excellent time to replace door locks and check all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through every space and get familiar with your new house.
Smart security tips for your Alpharetta home
Once you’ve finished your preliminary investigation of locks and safety alarms, you may consider improving your property’s safety. Begin with these security tips for your home in Alpharetta.
- Opt for a modern home security system. One of the smartest things a new homeowner in Alpharetta can do is incorporate a home security system. The latest in wireless technology allows you to keep a close watch on your residence even when you’re away. You are able to review up-to-the-second video feeds, engage door locks, and even communicate with guests at your door straight from your mobile device. You may customize with incredible security measures like video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Upgrade exterior lights. Outdoor lights with motion sensors are a great way to turn away prospective burglars. You may even use them in conjunction with outdoor cameras. When a motion detector is triggered, it can signal your surveillance to start recording.
- Keep your premises maintained. Do you have an unblocked view of your property from the interior? Are there large trees and bushes impeeding the view? Remove likely hiding spots for burglars by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it also.
- Meet others on your street. Talking about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friends with people around you, they’ll be more prone to inform you if they detect anything suspicious. You might also get involved in your area’s social media group if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you install a modern smart home, you can make it appear like you’re on site by activating smart lighting at scheduled times. This is a nice option when you’re not there.