What to do to cut down on false alarms in Alpharetta
False alarms may become an actual problem for your home’s security. Not only can they decrease the faith you have in your alarms, but they may be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you can do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Alpharetta security system.
As the first step, make sure that your devices installed properly. This might seem like common sense, but it’s often the case that overlooked mistakes lead to false alarms. Secondly, watch out for possible culprits of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be left ajar by accident. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the many features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Alpharetta.
Could it be really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Can you stop false alarms in Alpharetta?
When figuring out any concern, the initial step is to reference the manual. Be certain that all alarms and sensors are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a checkup via your smart hub.
- Manually evaluate each component to ensure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to be certain that your home’s security isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Ensure all new smart implements are installed correctly and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your customer service representative if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Alpharetta system. They'll gladly send out a trained expert to examine your equipment.
Check your doors and windows
When your system seems to be OK, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of the house. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or do you find some mistakenly ajar? If an entrance stays open, it might activate a motion sensor. In the event your household consistently fails to secure an entrance, you might want to implement a smart locking system that locks automatically when the alarm is activated. Sadly, windows need extra physical effort, especially if you have a loved one who prefers to sleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to turn off that device while still guarding the remainder of the property.
Smart home automation can be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Alpharetta
One of the smartest techniques to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to include automation into your security system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that result from accidentally unlocking an entry point. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disengage whenever your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the proper code.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm if you depart the property, then turn off when you return.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your implements detect uncommon movements or need a battery change.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Alpharetta by switching to a Vivint smart home
Increased control over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (678) 379-1627 or complete the form below.