What should you do if your Alpharetta home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your property – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may face, like theft, fire, and flooding. Although your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Alpharetta home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often jarring, disorienting, and might cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Alpharetta Triggers
It’s a circumstance no one desires to be in, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. Now what should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the most effective way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency on your own instead let your monitoring experts and first responders perform their job.
- Take care of your family. Your main focus should be your family members and leading them out of danger. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might include going to a predetermined safe room as far away from entrances as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately deterred the invader, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or flames, you ought to exit your house immediately.
- Don’t forget your phone. In this day and age, most individuals take their cell phones at all times, but you might neglect to grab it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Alpharetta goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will spring to action. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The protocol they abide by is dependent on the kind of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to contact you before first responders are dispatched. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most common kind of event - a monitoring agent will adhere to these procedures to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to contact you via the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again once authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Assistance will still be sent even if you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Alpharetta
Get prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Alpharetta from Vivint. Contact (678) 379-1627 to begin designing your home’s defense today.